I know it is a big statement, but this is THE cake! Easy to make and simply chocolicious!
All you need is: 6 separated eggs; 200g dark chocolate; 130g sugar (I used birch sugar);180g butter; 100g cashew butter (or peanut butter), 100g chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 160C. Grease baking tin and line with baking paper.
- Place chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and set it into a small saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir frequently until completely melted, remove the bowl from the saucepan, and set aside. Allow to cool until only slightly warm.
- Place 6 egg whites into a large bowl and set your mixer to medium-high speed. Gradually add the sugar. Continue beating on high speed until they form peaks.
- Take the bowl with chocolate mixture. Set mixer to low and start adding yolks one by one, then cashew butter and chopped walnuts.
- Transfer 1/3 of egg whites to the chocolate mixture and stir gently with the spoon. Repeat with the remaining egg whites mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking tin and bake 50-55 minutes.
- Cool cake completely. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Optional: use this delicious chocolate glaze over a cake. All you need is: 100g dark chocolate, 100ml heavy whipping cream and 1 tbsp butter. Combine butter and chocolate in a saucepan over low heat. Cook until melted and add cream. Stir and continue to heat for the next minute or two. Drizzle the chocolate glaze over cake. Decorate with nuts if desired.